DATA PROTECTION & FAIR PROCESSING POLICY
At Training+Skills we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy explains when and why we collect personal information, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
By attending this training, you are agreeing to be bound by this policy. Any questions regarding this policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to email@example.com. Alternatively, you can telephone 0843 886 9966
How do we collect information from you?
We might collect data from you when you contact us, either on the telephone or via email.
What type of information is collected from you?
- Contact details
- Photographic image
- Driver Licence Details
- Payment Details
How is your information used?
We will use your information to:
- Upload completed periodic training hours on the Government’s Recording and Evidencing (R&E) database. You can find out more about how your data is used on that database at
- Record your attendance of ADR courses with the Scottish Qualification Authority (SQA);
- Record your attendance of First Aid & Mental Health courses with Qualsafe;
- We might provide you with other goods or services to you or seek your views or comments on the services we provide – if you agree;
- Notify you of changes to our services;
- Send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you;
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information, for example data about your periodic training, to fulfil our statutory obligations for up to six years. Depending on the type of data we will hold your personal information on our systems for:
- We will retain driving licence data for 6 years
- We will retain contact information data for 6 years
Who has access to your information?
Your information may be shared with:
- SQA for the purpose of enrolling you on the ADR course and conducting the required exams
- JAUPT for them to monitor and manage approved centres and training uploaded to the DVSA system
- Qualsafe for the purpose of enrolling you for and conducting the required courses and exams
- Where necessary, member state authorities to confirm qualifications and entitlements abroad
How you can access and update your information?
The accuracy of your information is important to us. If you would like to access to the data we hold on you please contact. Ross Leary firstname.lastname@example.org Alternatively, you can telephone 0843 886 9966.
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information Training+Skills hold about you
You have the right to request that the data we hold on you is erased or rectified. For example, if you don’t want us to use your information for views and comments on the services we provide, you can ask to have your contact details removed.